Good Afternoon ASW readers!! Today is Dec. 1st and it is basically the start of the holiday season. I’ve been hearing so many of my friends and family talk about what type of Christmas trees they plan to buy, the gifts they have stood in the Black Friday lines to buy, the food they are going to cook for Christmas dinner, the list can go on and on. I’ve never been the type of person who gets excited about the holiday season (except when I was a child of course lol) but I told myself that this year I plan to do things differently!! I want to bake cookies, sing more holiday songs, volunteer during the holiday season (which I am doing this Saturday..Flyer is below), watch more movies that focus on the holidays, and spend more time with my family and friends. I wanted to do this post because I was curious to know what you are looking forward to doing during the holiday season and also if you plan to try something new!
1. Christmas trees are the one thing that almost everyone goes out to buy or put up. I love seeing how people get creative when they decorate their tree and the lights they put on them. Do you like decorating your Christmas tree?
2. I love indulging in the holiday treats!! My favorite are the Christmas cookies of course because I am in LOVE with cookies lol. I can’t wait until we have our Christmas party at school. I do enjoy cake and chocolate as well. What are your favorite holiday treats?
3. The TV sitcom Girlfriends was one of my favorite shows and to this day I still enjoy watching re-runs of the show. Below I placed one of my favorite episodes on the show that pertained to the Christmas holiday. Joan Clayton (Tracee Ellis Ross) loved and celebrated almost every holiday and she always recruited her girlfriends and William to join in on the fun. She loved to sing Christmas carols and dress up in festive costumes when she sang to her audience.
Even though I am NOT at all the best singer I do plan to sing a few Christmas carols this holiday season. I would like to sing with my students and also with my family. I will tell you all how that goes lol. Don’t forget to watch the episode below. It’s hilarious!
4. Spending time with your loved ones is always a joy! Make sure that you tell them how much you love and care about them. Getting the chance to spend time with your family each holiday season is a blessing! Also, great food and fellowship is always great during this time of year. Enjoy!
5. Deep down inside EVERY individual on this earth loves receiving gifts. No matter how big or small the gift is we should ALWAYS be appreciative for what we do receive. I plan to do a post on great Christmas gifts to buy really soon so watch out for that.
6. Volunteer and give thanks for what you have. You may not have everything you want right now in life but Thank God for what you do have. If you are looking to volunteer below are two flyers that contains all the information about the Toy Drive and Homeless awareness day. I have already signed up to volunteer to both events and I hope to see you there.
I hope that you all enjoy the holidays and share your experiences with me. I’d love to hear all about it. I’m sure I will find out how everything is going from some of you thanks to Twitter and Facebook. Enjoy your Thursday and thanks for stopping by.
What are YOU looking forward to this holiday season?